O.k. this happening all over right now thanks a new doom virus.
First it will take about a hour for everything so be patient.
Here is what you,
1. first to locate the virus you need to run a virus program. If you don't have one then try this program for free:
The download the program:
Free Spyware Detector and Eliminator
install the program and update it.
With your virus program or the one above do a search or run option to locate the virus. Once it finds it then you need to write down the location.
Most likely it's here:
c/windows/sysupd.exe something like that.
2. Now that you know where the virus is you have to reboot your computer.
3. Now you hit F5 or F8 over and over while it's booting up
Sometimes it won't go into it so you have reboot again until it goes to a black screen with about 8 options like start in safe mode and start in safe mode with networking.
4. From here choose start in safe mode
5. Let the system boot up
6. click my computer (start>>my computer)
7. click "Local Disk C"
8. this is the hard part, you have to go to the virus file and delete it. So if the path from the virus program said "c/windows/sysupd.exe" click the folders in this order:
then find the file: sysupd.exe if there was more then one delete them all.
Then reboot your computer and you are back to normal.
Oh ya, pat yourself on the back